Monday, January 22, 2018
What is stopping women cycling? ◾Don't boast of your long rides ◾Don't cultivate a "bicycle face" ◾Don't refuse assistance up a hill Just some of the advice given to female cyclists just over 100 years ago. We'll be chatting to Gary Philipson about getting more women out of cars and onto bikes on BBC Tees between 4 and 6pm this evening. An interesting read from the BBC's website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-41737483 View Post
WIN Shining Example Competition Prizes
Cycling without lights at night is illegal.
PLEASE NOTE: Our Shining Example Competition is now closed. Back to the Shining Example Campaign page.
The main prize consists of a set of Blaze bike lights, which consists of a front lazer light and a rear burner light PLUS ONE of the following:
- Proviz Men's Jacket
- OR Proviz Women's Jacket
- OR CYGLO back pack with rechargeable LED display
Blaze Laserlight’s forward projection technology, combines a white light and laser image to beam out of blind spots, junctions and situations where you’re otherwise unseen.
His OR Hers Cycle Jacket:
- Proviz REFLECT360 CRS (Colour Reflective System)
- Currently available in one of 6 colours
- Looks normal by day and fully reflective at night
- Suitable for year-round use
OR CYGLO Back Pack:
- Rechargeable LED display
- Four LED signals (cycling, left, right and hazard)
- Wireless remote control
- Control clips to handlebar
- Bright, light, waterproof, durable
The second prize consists of a set of Oriuss front and rear bike lights
- LED lights, USB rechargeable
- 400 Lumens
- Intelligent Sensor headlight
20 Runner-up Prizes:
20 sets of battery operated front and back lights.
- Waterproof Silicone Housing
- Compact & Easy to Install
Please note that all of these items are available at the time of publishing, availability may change.